Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday evening ..


My favourite soap comes in a box. Inside the box the bar of soap used to be wrapped in a kind of grease-proof paper. Now it's sealed in cellophane. Previously the soap was ideal for travelling as you could keep the wrapper to re-wrap the bar before setting off to your next destination. Now there's no chance of that. So what? Get over it! Have you nothing better to think about, or, worse still, write about? But you don't understand, I've been using this soap for over twenty years, & it's yet another thing to add to the growing list of things that have changed in the last couple of months...

Including me. I went through a number of years fairly confident about whom I am etc etc & recently I wonder all over again. In fact I have less idea than ever. The picture I've posted is blurry & this accurately reflects how I feel about myself.

This is in part due to my bones starting to disintegrate. It's curious as I feel nothing of it, & it isn't dramatically into the red, so to speak, yet still at times I feel I am only held together by my skin. I'm kind of incorporating more protein as per the Blood Type Diet. I say kind of as it's kind of hard to find decent protein here in India. Thank god for canned tuna! A friend who had a hip replaced at around my age now has healthy bones as a result of eating this way, & without taking the appalling-side-effect producing drugs routinely prescribed for osteoporosis.
Thank you Vandana.

& I must post this from Rumi ~

You've no idea how hard I've looked for a gift to bring you.
Nothing seemed right.

What's the point of bringing gold to the gold mine, or water to the ocean.
Everything I came up with was like taking spices to the Orient.

It's no good giving my heart and my soul because you already have these.

So I've brought you a mirror.

Look at yourself and remember me.



6 comments:

  1. I've tried three times to get the text the same size throughout, & to get the links the colour I want them to be..

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photo love the quote love

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I thought you intentionally did that with the text n i wondered why

    Chandrika?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SEE YOU... it's the camera that's out of focus... kisses, kp

    ReplyDelete
  5. click the link Tanmayo!

    & thanks KP, for the quote & the reminder..love

    ReplyDelete