Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunday morning ..

Sunday morning during monsoon, & although it's not raining at the moment, it has been for much of the last two days which is a relief because who wants to be having to make do with water available only on alternate days? (By the way this isn't a platform for discussing those for whom this type of shortage isn't a choice OK?)
Here's a 'what's on your mind?' poached from one of my Facebook friends, Amano Manish;

Gratitude, the best attitude.. always wear it. Thank you Masters, Guides, Angels, friends, lovers, neighbors... flowers, trees, sun, rain, moon, rivers, dolphins, birds.. et all.

Manish is a musician, a slide-guitarist, btw. Anyway thanks for this Manish!
(Must also comment that my inner English-nitpicker would rather it end with et al...)
So this is a full moon weekend, & as it's also the month of July this means that it's also Guru Purnima here in India;
Guru Purnima, or Guru's full moon day, is observed in many parts of India by disciples paying respect to their gurus or teachers. The day is also of significance to many Hindu farmers, as it heralds the start of the monsoon season, rains being essential to producing a good crop. (The Independent)
I live in the city of Pune, erstwhile home to Osho, & still host to OSHO International Meditation Resort. Since much has changed at OIMR, (like a shark it must keep moving or it will die), there are those who view the way it was as 'the good old days' & make no bones about trashing the way it is now, hardly, if ever, setting foot inside the gate. ("Too expensive" plus now the gate as it was is no more, & that'll be another thing!)
Anyway, these people...oh never mind, interesting to note myself giving attention to this...
Today being 25th means that all local shops are closed, which means I can't have toast delivered to me by my local chai-wallah because he has been unable to buy bread. Now wouldn't you think that the sensible thing to do amongst local shop-keepers, (& don't misunderstand, I think they richly deserve a day off in a month), but surely they could arrange it so that at least one was open? Stagger it over two days?
So I'll have to order in as I don't have a kitchen...
Before I do though I'd just like to say thankyou to & for Osho's presence in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I like you new blog, I look forward to reading more. Much Love Sachan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chetana,

    Gratitude for sharing this!
    All I see is NOW!

    Love,
    Rahi

    ReplyDelete